As an English boarding school, Clifton places a high value on the religious and cultural diversity brought to the School by its overseas pupils. At the present time, approximately 20% of our pupils are from overseas, representing over 40 countries, and we work to ensure they are fully integrated into the life of the School.
We welcome enquiries from international families, either directly or through one of the many agencies with whom we work. These agencies can provide help with translation, entry tests and admissions procedures, including visa applications.
All international pupils must possess a high standard of English, as they will be learning alongside their British school friends. Candidates will be selected according to their general academic level. Pupils applying for a place in Years 7, 9, 10 and 11 who are resident overseas will be asked to sit the CAT4 assessment and undergo a virtual meeting with our Director of Admissions. All other aspects of the Admissions process remain the same.
Entry to the Sixth Form is assessed in two of the four subjects to be taken at A’ Level plus an English Language paper. School references are very important to us in the Admissions process. All candidates will be interviewed as part of the entry process.
- If you are interested in coming to Clifton College please contact the Admissions Department to check on availability: email@example.com
- If places are available, you will be asked to provide a copy of the applicant’s passport and birth certificate.
- If the information you provide is acceptable, you will be sent a Registration Form to complete and return with the non-refundable £150 registration fee.
- On receipt of the completed Registration Form and the non-refundable registration fee, you will be contacted by a member of the admissions team to arrange for entry tests, a visit and an interview.
- If your child is successful we will write and formally offer your son or daughter a place at Clifton College.
- To accept the offer, we require the completion and return of the Acceptance Form by the parents and payment of the deposit (£1,650 for EU, £11,000 for non-EU).
- International pupils wishing to study at Clifton College will require a Child Student Visa for the duration of their studies. Further information regarding a Child Student Visa can be found here https://www.gov.uk/child-study-visa
We work closely with our legal partner to be able to assist and guide parents through the child student visa application process.
Please note: In cases where both parents of a College pupil reside outside mainland UK, they must appoint an educational guardian to care for their child while they are in the UK. Educational guardians of College pupils are appointed solely by their parents, not by the College. The College can accept no responsibility for any detriment caused by failings of an Educational guardian or guardianship agency. It is important to note that, whilst the College is not directly involved in the appointment of Educational guardians, it does regard their careful selection as an important safeguarding concern. To this end, the College insists that parents arrange for the appointment of an Educational guardian through a professional agency that is registered with the Association for the Education & Guardianship of International Students (AEGIS). Guardians should live within 90 minute travel time from the College.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Admissions Team and we look forward to welcoming you son or daughter to Clifton College.