The impressive Chapel is one of the jewels in the Clifton College crown, and has been the spiritual centre of school life since it was first opened in 1867.
Topped by a striking copper-clad lantern and built from soft red and honey-coloured stone, the Chapel provides an oasis of calm in the busy daily life of the College, and forms a powerful link between past and present.
Brass plates placed on the back of the staff stalls mark the names of all those who have carved out a reputation at the school. High on the walls are memorials of pupils of another age who died by accident or disease serving the British Empire. One bears the moving epitaph ‘A good life hath but few days but a good name endureth forever.’