We offer a stimulating and challenging curriculum which successfully combines high standards and traditional methods with programmes of study relevant to the needs of the next century.
We aim to provide the highest possible quality of education, and place strong emphasis on the core skills of literacy and numeracy.
Our aim is to help children develop:
- High levels of attainment in the key skills of literacy and numeracy
- Skills in observation, information-seeking, posing questions and problem-solving
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills to unfamiliar situations
- The ability to co-operate and work productively with others, as well as to work and learn independently
In an informal-yet-structured setting, children are encouraged to develop at their own pace and acquire self-confidence and independence in a stimulating environment.
Activities in the Reception Year are based upon the Foundation Stage Guidelines, which focus on three prime areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Physical Development
There are four specific areas of learning:
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design