Outdoor education is an essential part of the Clifton College Nursery experience. Once a week our Nursery children visit our very own Forest School at our large woodland and meadow area at Beggar's Bush. Children learn to appreciate the natural world and discover new environments that inspire creativity, social interaction and most importantly they have fun!
Watch our Forest School video below:
Rules of Forest School
We have special rules at Forest School to keep us safe:
- We listen to all the grown-ups, especially our Forest School Leader
- We stay within the boundary rope line
- We move carefully in the forest using our feet, eyes and ears to watch, feel and hear where we are going
- We do not throw or swing objects around in the forest
- We are always careful with sticks; if we pick them up, we drag them carefully behind us
- We look after things; we never pick growing plants
- We always show things we have found to the grown-ups
- We wash and wipe our hands before eating and never put our hands in our mouth
- We never eat anything from the forest
- We put things back carefully in the forest before we leave.