Clifton College is one of the country’s leading public boarding and day schools. The College has more than 1300 pupils aged 3 to 18, two large commercial sports facilities, a commercial theatre and more than 500 staff, all based across two primary sites.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A disclosure (enhanced) from the DBS will be requested in the event of an individual being offered a position. You can download our DBS policy for further information.
Clifton College is an equal opportunities employer and operates a smoke free environment.
Summer Language School 2015
Clifton College is an independent day and boarding school for boys and girls in Bristol. As well as delivering a high quality education programme to its students, Clifton College also runs a Language School during the summer each year, inviting students aged between 8 – 17 from all over the world to come and experience life in a British boarding school, learn English, and take part in many activities and excursions.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to assist us in delivering this fantastic programme for 7 weeks over the summer period. All applicants would ideally have experience in running activities for children. All contracts include full board & accommodation (except Night Marshalls).
There are a number of roles available:
- Centre Manager – responsibility for management of entire site, dealing with accommodation/catering/works/facilities departments in order to ensure the efficient running of the Language Schools
- Assistant Centre Manager – responsibility for assisting the Centre Manager with the management of entire site, dealing with accommodation/catering/works/facilities departments in order to ensure the efficient running of the Language Schools
- Administration & Excursions Manager – responsibility for the administration of all aspects of the Summer Language Schools, most notably the regular Excursions our students are sent on each week
- Kids’ (8 – 12 years) & Teens (13 – 17 years) Activity Managers – responsibility for the planning and preparation of the activity programme for 8 – 12 year olds (Kids’) for 13 – 17 year olds (Teens), staff management of Activity Leaders required to deliver programme
- Senior Activity/House Leaders & Activity/House Leaders – responsibility for delivering the activity programme to appropriate age group, with the opportunity to plan & deliver own sessions. Accompanying students on half and full-day excursions, and responsibility for safety and welfare of students in the boarding house overnight
- Night Marshalls – responsible for the safe running & security of the campus overnight, also responsible for the welfare of the children whilst in the boarding houses overnight
For informal enquiries, please contact Brad Clark, the Sports & Educational Courses Manager, by e-mail at email@example.com.
Application forms may be obtained from the Human Resources Department, Clifton College, 32 College Road, Bristol, BS8 3JH, Tel 0117 315 7115 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, we have a PDF application form you can download, print and send to us, or a Microsoft Word version that you can download, complete and email to us. Click on the Job Titles above to download a Job Description. All documents will appear in a new window.
Complete applications and Equal Opportunities forms should be sent, with a covering letter, to the HR Department, Clifton College, 32 College Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3JH or email@example.com.
Closing date for all applications: Friday 9th January 2015
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 20th / Wednesday 22nd / Thursday 23rd January 2014